Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wrong Soundtrack

On a number of occasions over the past couple of years I have found myself trying to explain to my father why it is I am so convinced that the US Army and Marine Corps engaged in the War on Terror are not exactly the same brave/fun-loving bunch of guys that came over and saved Europe in the 1940s.

It's all down to the music they listen to I reckon. The oversexed, overpaid and over here crop from the WWII era all listened to Glenn Miller. Then in the 60s over in south-east Asia their kids were tuned into the Doors. Now it's Linkin' Park that America's finest are into.

Who is going to be more "Dude, we fucked those people all to shit down there"? The GI that listens to In the Mood, or the one that listens to In the End (....it doesn't really maaaatter)?

No comments: